Leadership & Artistry Flame Awards
Flame Trophy Awards are given to two people each year who have contributed in an outstanding way in dance ministry and to ICDF. They are also given to ICDF Coordinators after their term in office in recognition of their service to ICDF.
The name 'Flame Awards'...
describes the shape of the trophy, emphasises the Pentecost timing of when the Awards are given, and acknowledges the partnership and inspiration of the Holy Spirit in our creative endeavours.
Fan into flame the gift of God... for God did not give us a spirit of timidity but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline. -- 2 Timothy 1:6-7
Flame Trophy Criteria
These awards are given to those who:
- are in mid career or retirement phase of their lives;
- show Christian character and leadership;
- provide an inspiring role model;
- have made a significant contribution in the area of dance ministry;
- have given service within ICDF/CDF.
Peter Jones youth leadership award*
In addition to the Flame trophy criteria above, these awards are given to those who:
- are aged 18 – 35
- provide youth leadership.
*The award was named after Peter Jones 1933 – 2016, husband of Founder Mary Jones. He was an important supporter and donor of ICDF. A financial scholarship goes with this award to help the recipient attend the next ICDF conference. The award is given every 3 years.
- Find out how to nominate a person for a Flame Award
- Find out about past recipients in the Awards Archive